June 23, 2010

The Secret

I have not blogged in awhile but I am back with a vengeance because the secret was in front of my face the  entire time.  Afraid, scared you name it I had it because to be honest with you this was so clear to see that I over looked it.  I was putting so much energy into eating let's see cakes, candy, fast food, cheese steaks, french fries and don't forget ice cream and chips and dip. That I did not have time to concentrate on anything else.

 So I started looking around at other ppl and how and what they ate and what I saw shocked me. They spent more time eating healthy then, they did eating unhealthy. I saw someone eating rice cakes with peanut butter, tomatoes with ranch dressing. Snacks that would take about 2 minutes was like a task for me. But getting a burger and fries wasn't . So today I dedicated  Healthy  eating Wednesday just to see how much effort it would take me to fix a healthy lunch and dinner  and three healthy snacks. I wanted to put as much energy into that as I did when I went to a fast food place.

 Let's see I would stand in line for about 15 to 20 minutes.  Get an attitude from the person behind the counter and my order would not be right. I was faithful to them too. No matter how many times my order was messed up, I would show up . Not today, I made a very healthy lunch , dinner and yes I had my rice cakes and peanut butter. Celery, carrots, cucumbers and pineapples. People were looking at me like I had four heads. I felt them staring too. It felt so good that I am going to do it again tomorrow. I need to give the same energy I had with the bad eating to healthy eating. Now that's the Secret.

Change a negative to a positive. 
Till tomorrow

1 comment:

Francis said...

What a wonderful posting. I am proud that you stuck with it yesterday and are doing the same thing today. Keep it at. I am soooooo pround of you. Keep everybody posted on what you are eating and how you are acheiving your goals. Keep up the good work.