Inspired by a blog I read yesterday, I too decided to peel away some of the layers of drama that may/or may not have cause my down fall or weight gain. It may help me to understand this addiction more clearly and be informative to others . For what it is worth this is my story or at least part of the story. Drama takes awhile to tell so gear up for a couple of long reads.
When I was a little girl, and that is all I can remember I am searching for my childhood. I believe that my pain runs so deep beneath the skin that I have blocked it out. So I will start at my earliest memory I was about 11 years of age. And my mother was the cook in the family and we ate like we were down south . The pictures are pretty clear in my mind that I was very slim not even 110 lbs for as long as I could remember. I also know I ate everything that was served to me on a plate with no regards for my future. No one told me about childhood obesity or calorie counting.
As a teenager, I was rebellious surely it came from within and the more I fought against the grain(my mother) the more troubled I became. I wanted to be loved unconditionally and for years I had a yearning that something was missing. I latched on to different things and different ppl.
What does this have to do with helping you, funny as I am writing I am thinking the same thing. People are afraid of secrets or their past, however when reading about someone else past it allows a person to feel like their not alone. You too, may have a hurtful story, that has cause you to give up and give in to your addiction whatever it maybe. I am writing to tell you, that releasing it, will make you feel so much better getting to the root of the problem will be the key to the solution.
Till next time ......
Just maybe the answer to my obesity lies within
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, keep searching, you will conquer it and succeed. I believe in you.
Post a Comment