Well I am still trying to hang in there and not give up. Today was a tough day for me because I had to share with my peers that I had again gained weight 15lbs to be exact. I was very embarrassed because they looked up to me for guidance and my secrets were front and center I was getting high on my own supply( bad food choices ). However you look at it, I could no longer sugar coat my recent relapse and I could not concern my self with the black lash of the gossip. I must press on and save myself. It became very easy for me to encourage and save someone else but it seems shameful if I even put a little effort into saving myself. But I read something today that was so profound it was talking about Defining Moments and with all the negativity of my recent relapse it gave me a chance to think and remember one of my defining moments in my recovery. I was wearing a 28 size dress and it took 10 long years but the day came in 2008 when I went into the department store and tried on a dress a size 14 and it fit. I cried !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That moment defined who I was a strong beautiful person , that was determined enough to save her own life and live free from a addiction of food and gain control of my obesity. What is your defining moment that will happen or has happen in your recovery ?
Holla @ your girl
No comments:
Post a Comment