The last time we left off, I was discussing how I needed more food from the Neighborhood Store. Next thing I knew, I wasn't just having one bag of chips, I was having 2. 2 sodas instead of 1. 2 Big Macs instead of one. I was becoming a big fan of super size. I would double my portion size no matter what I was eating. I was super sizing everything. Then, much to my astonishment, I started tripling what I was eating. I was losing control of myself. I couldn't stop. I was eating too much, and I loved it. My favorite pastime was going to restaurants, especially all-you-can eat buffets. I was in heaven. I knew somewhere deep down I needed to stop, but I couldn't. I didn't want to. I felt that this is who I am and this is my body.
Eventually, the pounds I was gaining was getting excessively higher and higher. Instead of maybe gaining a pound a week, I was doing 2 or 3 a week. My obsession with food was becoming excessive. I was an addict out of control and couldn't stop or understand what I was doing. I had no control over this obsession and it was controlling my life. Instead of being a crack head, I was a Food Head. I was a food junkie always looking for my next score. I can remember going to family functions and pretty much eating everything. I would wait and watch as they would push their plate to the side when they were done and leave the table. I stayed at the table and would eat and eat and eat. I was too busy eating to enjoy their company and if they played games, I was out because I was still at the table, indulging in my obsession.
As my confession rolls on, you will see I had no control over any of this. Like I keep saying, I was an food addict and needed my fix every hour, every minute, every second.
holla at your girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment